Welcome to DAC
Founded in 1985, DesRosiers Automotive Consultants Inc. (DAC) is the only consulting and market research company in Canada that works exclusively in the automotive sector. Our business stretches across all aspects of the automotive industry from parts manufacturers to dealers. We provide a broad range of services tailored to promote your success in the automotive market.
Feel free to get in touch with us to discuss our consulting services, market research, forecasting, publications, and more.
80 Fulton Way, Suite 101
Richmond Hill, ON, L4B 1J5, Canada
DAC Automotive Services
Forecast Services Group
DesRosiers has established itself as the primary source for the analysis and tracking of vehicle sales and key industry performance variables.
- Vehicle Sales and Forecast Analysis: DAC provides market forecasts to the majority of vehicle manufacturers operating in Canada and a wide range of financial institutions, government agencies and other organizations. Forecast services are customized to clients' needs and provide an independent outlook on market trends by segment, province, and model.
- New Model Database: The DesRosiers new model database has been developed to provide up-to-date information on new model introductions in the Canadian market place and provides a unique perspective on future model introductions by make, model year, segment, and launch date.
Forecast and Analysis Sample
AFTERMARKET aNALYSIS gROUP
DAC offers a full range of information products and services for companies involved in the automotive aftermarket including parts manufacturers, warehouse distributors/buying groups, mass merchandisers and industry associations.
- Canadian Vehicles in Operation Census (CVIOC): The structure of the Canadian fleet is a driving factor for the parts and service industry as well as a predictor of new and used vehicle sales. The CVIOC database in an annual census of total light vehicles registered in Canada. The data is available at many geographic levels and vehicle descriptions are available down to full engine detail with safety restraint.
- Market Sizing: DAC provides detailed information on the size, structure and outlook for more than 25 aftermarket product areas, as well as analysis of consumer purchasing patterns and distribution channel dynamics.
- Parts Popularity Program: DAC assists aftermarket suppliers in matching their part number catalogs to the CVIOC database and exploring the implications of key market trends. This merging of two databases results in a detailed coverage report by product SKU numbers that will list the popularity of the manufacturer's products within a given area.
Market Sizing Sample
Understanding the market and developing a strategic approach for your company is an area where DAC has unrivaled experience. The knowledge and expertise that our consultants bring to the research process provides our firm with the unique ability to provide value-added analysis.
- Industry Studies: in the areas of Market Entry Studies, Strategic Growth Studies, Distribution Analysis, Competitive Positioning Studies.
- Corporate Strategy and Business Plan Development: DAC assists clients in exploring market opportunities and developing strategic approaches that reflect not only current conditions but also future competitive realities.
- Management Briefings: Stay up to date with the most current events in the automotive sector and explore what they mean for your business in our half or full day briefings.
Consumer Market Research Group
DAC's Consumer Market Research Group provides unique insight into consumer purchasing patterns and behaviour through both proprietary and omnibus studies.
- The DesRosiers Light Vehicle Study (LVS): An annual consumer survey that offers the most complete look available at the vehicle maintenance, ownership, and acquisition practices of Canadians. Detailed input is gathered from over 4,500 Canadian vehicle owners with tracking data available from over a decade.
- The DesRosiers Automotive Service Provider Survey (ASP): A survey of service technicians exploring purchase motivation and satisfaction with suppliers.
- The Trendsetter Survey: Undertaken jointly with PwC and CADA, the Trendsetter explores top of mind issues for automotive dealer principals and tracks key dealer performance variables.
Light Vehicle Study Sample
DAC has been providing the most reliable information and analysis to the automotive industry for over 30 years through a variety of newsletters and yearbooks.
- DesRosiers Automotive Reports (DAR): Issued twice-monthly these reports feature information such as Canadian and US model sales, North American vehicle production, employment and shipment data, a monthly observations directly from Dennis DesRosiers, and more. Subscribers also receive weekly electronic mail outs containing valuable automotive information and analysis. To subscribe, please apply by opening the form below.
- DesRosiers Automotive Yearbook (DAY): Included in the DAR subscription, subscribers receive an annual yearbook containing key data for the year.
- AutoWatch: Issued monthly, the AutoWatch focuses on the market outlook, monthly sales updates and economic analysis. Areas covered include monthly Canadian sales analysis and commentary, top ten model sales, new model launches and reviews, core economic indicators, and much more.
- Canadian Used Vehicle Report (CUVR): Published in conjunction with Canadian Black Book, the CUVR provides an in-depth profile of the Canadian used vehicle market. Information includes used vehicle sales, used vehicle retail market size, residual value summaries and information on the Canadian used vehicle retail market.
- CADA Year in Review: Developed by DAC in partnership with the Canadian Automobile Dealers Association this information packed yearbook is distributed to all new car dealer principals (over 3,500) nationwide every year. The report provides information on dealer counts, average sale per dealer, sales by model, sales by dealer, trends in finance, and the Trendsetter survey.
DesRosiers Automotive Report Sample
Please contact us with any questions, concerns, or comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible.